[mythtv-users] upgraded but still using old libraries

seth isernhagen sisernhagen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 22:45:20 UTC 2009

Hi All

Ok, I havent felt this dumb for awhile now.

I upgraded to .22 rc1 according to the documentation or at least my
understanding of documentation and it seems like I have installed a new
version of mythtv instead up upgrading the old installation.

I can run the new version just fine by launching using -$ >sudo mythbackend
but when I trying running $>sudo /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart I get a
message in the log saying "The schema version of your existing database is
newer than this version of MythTV understands."

I did a search on my filesystem and found the new .22 libraries in
usr/local/lib and the .21 libraries in /usr/lib.

I have searched for a solution and couldnt find anything I can understand.
Is there a way I can move the .22 libraries to where they need to be?

Thanks!