[mythtv-users] Need new Capture card...

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 13:38:36 UTC 2009

> I'm looking to upgrade my capture card and wanted to get a consensus on what
> people are using. I'm looking for something that will do both HD and non-HD
> using either over the air or cable.
>
> We currently get our local HD through our cable provider but if they stop
> transmitting then over the air for HD would be necessary.
>
> Thanks for any input.

Before you do this I would think about encryption. Comcast in my area
encrypts all but 8 channels so my kworld 115 card does not get much
use. Good thing that they still broadcast around 50 channels in
analog. There are three ways around encryption and firewire,HD-PVR and
SD analog capture using an analog device like a hauppage PVR150.

John