[mythtv-users] Anyone have an IguanaIR Transmitter working with Dish?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Oct 18 19:14:52 UTC 2009

On 2009-10-15, at 3:08 AM, Ajay Sharma wrote:

> George Nassas wrote:
>> Just for the record I've been using the USB product for about two
>> years as a receiver and also transmitter to control a channel
>> master rotor. Not sure what's happening for David but it has been
>> 100% solid for me so it can be done. I'm running debian stable but
>> had to build my own lirc deb because it doesn't support the iguana
>> by default.
>
> Can you tell me what version are you using for:

Sorry, I just saw your message.

libusb-0.1-4/stable uptodate 2:0.1.12-13
linux-image-2.6.30-bpo.1-amd64/lenny-backports uptodate 2.6.30-6~bpo50+1
iguanaIR-0.93 from the tarball on their site
lirc/stable uptodate 0.8.3-3

I haven't touched the igdaemon since I set it up in 2007. I tried
their debs but they didn't work very well and then they disappeared
altogether. FWIW I also found their software flakey and was equally
frustrated until I hit on a version that worked.

Oh, the backports kernel is to fix a problem I had with RTC wakeups.
For some reason the normal lenny stable kernel won't wake up on my
board (Asus P5K-V). The iguana worked with both kernels.

You can grab my actual igdeamon at files.nassas.com/igdaemon, there's
also my igclient there too & iguanaIR-0.93.tar.bz2 since it looks like
they're only offering the pre1 now.

I'm kind of busy but when I get a chance I'll pull down the pre1
source and give it a go.

- George