[mythtv-users] 0.22RC1 channel lineup change not working

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:07:34 UTC 2009

I logged into Schedules Direct and removed all the 'Music Choice' and 
'Premum' channels from my lineup. I ran mythfilldatabase, but all the 
channels are still in the mythweb listing and the the program guide.

I also tried running
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates which did not remove them

I also tried running
mythfilldatabase --remove-new_channels

I also tried running
mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels

I guess I could wipe out my database and start over, but shouldn't this 
be easier?


You need to remove them from your channel lineup in the database too or they
stay around.
--remove-new_channels only stops new channels from being added to your
database. I use this because I have 2 sources that use the same channel
lineup, but both sources have overlap as well as their own channels. I
delete the channels that are exclusive to each source from the other source
and only have to perform one update as the channels are all cached for both

--do-channel-updates tells it to update the channels data that it is fed.
Does not remove any.

--only-update-channels tells it to do the same as above only, not to update
the upcoming shows.

Or that's my understanding of it.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list