[mythtv-users] Schedule Time Bump for Sports Overtime

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:09:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:

>> It's that time a year where football on the east coast throws off the
>> Sunday CBS schedule. Once the game is over, I manually adjust the times for
>> any CBS programs that I've scheduled to record that night.
>>
>> It would be a lot more convenient to be able to input the displacement in
>> one spot and have the start/stop times adjusted accordingly.
>>
>> Has this ever been discussed?
>>
> I wouldn't think it is possible, completely.  For instance, the Bills game
> went overtime Sunday, meaning that instead of recording Amazing Race for my
> wife, I recorded the end of the game and 60 Minutes.  I don't think there's
> any way to automatically fix that, unless Myth gets smart enough to know
> which show is currently airing <grin>.
>
> Jeff.
>
> Ken Mandelberg wrote:

I think all he's talking about is being able to (for example) add
offsets for one show and allow to offset the next n shows or something
like that, but I think it would still be tough.

It'd be nice if CBS got their head out of their ass and quit being the
only network with a Sunday schedule guaranteed to be completely wrong
on the east coast every week.

Last night with that 75 minute delay, I got screwed up somehow and am
still not sure why this didn't work:  I have Amazing Race set up to
record for my wife all the time on CBS.  I didn't remember to check
for a delay until after 8PM and myth was already recording it, but was
actually recording the game.  I stopped the recording and deleted it.
Then I went into the listings/schedule in mythweb and added an
override (Record this specific showing) with the proper offsets (-75
and 75), and for some reason it didn't record.  I've done that before,
only _before_ it started recording and it's worked.  I'm not sure why
the override would care whether or not it thought it had already been
recorded...it is an override after all.  Strange one.

Tom