[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T-500 LNA Problems

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:14:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 10:32 -0400, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>> I can confirm that the Nova-T 500 issue with being in an unknown state
>> following warm reboots is a known issue.  A user mailed me a board a
>> couple of months ago but I have been too tied up with other projects
>> to debug it.  It only happens with the Nova-T and not other dib0700
>> designs because the Nova-T is the only product that has its own
>> onboard USB controller (and the problem is believed to actually be
>> with the Via controller and not the dib0700 itself).
>>
>> Devin Heitmueller
>> (the guy who extended the dib0700 driver to use the 1.20 firmware)
>
> Hi Devin,
>
> How can we help you to put our cards near the top of your to-do list?
>
> Nico
> http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc/

Hi Nicolas,

The challenge here is that I've been busy with KernelLabs consulting
work for other devices, and things like the Nova-T and some other
devices are projects going on in my free time between projects.  I'm
sure you can appreciate how open source Linux drivers that customers
are paying to have improved have to take precedence over the work I'm
doing for free.

That said, I'm hoping to get some time in the next few weeks to dig into it.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com