[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR - is it just for blasting or can it receive too?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Oct 19 20:39:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 03:54:54PM -0400, Norm Dressler wrote:
> Does the HD-PVR IR receive like a universal IR receiver or does it
> currently only do IR blasting?  Either way, I'm looking at how I can

I'm pretty sure it only receives from the Hauppauge remote that comes
with it.  If your universal remote supports learning, just train it
from the Hauppauge remote.  Transmitting should work for anything you
can find the codes for.

> Do I still need to patch 2.6.31 kernel for it to work?  Is there a
> readme or how-to that explains the steps needed to make this work?

Yes, you need to patch, and probably will until at least 2.6.33.  See
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-September/263197.html
for more details.

David
--