[mythtv-users] Anyone have an IguanaIR Transmitter working with Dish?

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 02:23:17 UTC 2009

George Nassas wrote:
> On 2009-10-15, at 3:08 AM, Ajay Sharma wrote:
>
>> George Nassas wrote:
>>> Just for the record I've been using the USB product for about two
>>> years as a receiver and also transmitter to control a channel master
>>> rotor. Not sure what's happening for David but it has been 100% solid
>>> for me so it can be done. I'm running debian stable but had to build
>>> my own lirc deb because it doesn't support the iguana by default.
>>
>> Can you tell me what version are you using for:
>
> Sorry, I just saw your message.
>
> libusb-0.1-4/stable uptodate 2:0.1.12-13
> linux-image-2.6.30-bpo.1-amd64/lenny-backports uptodate 2.6.30-6~bpo50+1
> iguanaIR-0.93 from the tarball on their site
> lirc/stable uptodate 0.8.3-3
>
> I haven't touched the igdaemon since I set it up in 2007. I tried their
> debs but they didn't work very well and then they disappeared
> altogether. FWIW I also found their software flakey and was equally
> frustrated until I hit on a version that worked.
>
> Oh, the backports kernel is to fix a problem I had with RTC wakeups. For
> some reason the normal lenny stable kernel won't wake up on my board
> (Asus P5K-V). The iguana worked with both kernels.
>
> You can grab my actual igdeamon at files.nassas.com/igdaemon, there's
> also my igclient there too & iguanaIR-0.93.tar.bz2 since it looks like
> they're only offering the pre1 now.
>
> I'm kind of busy but when I get a chance I'll pull down the pre1 source
> and give it a go.

Thanks for replying.  I was able to get the source of 0.93 and built it.
  But when it runs I get:

ERROR: Unsupported hardware version 774

So that kills that idea.  Seems like the later versions of the Iguana IR
software/firmware is screwy and there's no easy way to go back to the
previous versions.

TO all the future people reading this thread in the archives, DON'T buy
an IguanaWorks IR Transmitter.  They are crappy.  Maybe they'll get
better in the future but right now, October 19th, 2009, they are a waste
of money.  :)

--Ajay