[mythtv-users] M4N78-Pro DTV1000T

Andrew Congdon andrew.congdon at iplatinum.com.au
Tue Oct 20 04:00:24 UTC 2009

Using Fedora 11 and atrpms mythtv with a DTV1000T DVB-T card
I get this error:

cx22702_readreg: readreg error (ret == -6)

And the DVB card is unusable until the system is rebooted.
I first saw this problem in Fedora 10 but changed the DVB-T to
a different model with the same cx22702 chipset and the box
continues to work fine.

With the Fedora 11 box I've been forced to look at the problem
more closely. I noted these errors:

kernel: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -67842953 ns)

and switched to hpet as the clocksource but the problem persists.

I then noted the results from lspci -v seem to indicate a PCI bus
corruption:

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI
Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
        !!! Unknown header type 7f
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel modules: r8169

This seems to stem from running cpuspeed. If I don't run cpuspeed
all is well, after starting it a short while later the bus is corrupt
(if that is what is happening?) and the DVB card is unusable.

I've seen a few complaints about this board in this list, I've found it
works well with mythtv save this one problem I've come upon recently.
This problem almost certainly isn't with myth but others have also
noted a relationship (Discussion section):

http://www.ozmyth.com/wiki/hardware+guide

Any thoughts on whether this is a hardware problem or config or ...
or where I should direct this problem report?

thanks,
--
Andrew