[mythtv-users] Power efficient backend-only server

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Tue Oct 20 14:01:18 UTC 2009

Vitani wrote:
> Good morning all,
>

> So my question is, has anyone created a backend-only MythTV system using
> a small, power efficient computer, and if so, what components did you
> use, and how well does it run?

My first myth box (both front and backend) was a mini-itx, it was a VIA
M10000 I believe.  Cpu ran at 800mhz, I used a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350
for both recording and playback.  Worked perfectly.  (I never used
commercial skip.  Tried it once, and ran for a while, but did work).

I really liked that box, but lost it to a lightning storm.

-Andy