[mythtv-users] .22RC Moving the art directories?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Oct 20 21:52:29 UTC 2009

I put the directories for cover, banner, fanart, etc. in a stupid place and
decided to move them. I moved the directories and updated the frontend
settings to match. Now it can't find the files. The log shows the frontend
looking in the wrong directories. I looked in the videometadata table and
it's storing full paths to those files now. Is there an easy way to migrate
the directories including these references? Why even bother to ask for
directories to store those files in if the app doesn't use them? It seems to
me that the videometadata table should hold the filename and get the path
from wherever that is stored by the frontend. I suppose I could just do an
"update videometadata set fanart=null;" type query on the database and let
the system repopulate them.

I populated them with Jamu if that matters.

Any reason Jamu doesn't let me choose if it's a movie or TV show? It gets it
wrong sometimes and it would be really nice to be able to tell it which type
the file in question really is. I know I can do some of that in the config
file, but in interactive mode it would be really nice to have an option to
tell it that the movie it detected as a TV show is really a movie and have
it query the proper data source.

Overall, the .22RC looks really nice. Thanks for the hard work devs.