[mythtv-users] mythcommflag && mythvideo (2nd try)

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 23:46:05 UTC 2009

Hi (1st email didn't seem to go through, forgive me if it shows up later),

I noticed in some earlier threads that videos that are added to mythvideo (depending on their type) require
a seek table to be created in order for fast forward/rewind to work correctly.  I am noting that this
needs to be done for m2ts, ts, vob, and ?? formats.  Seek table creation seems to be done with

mythcommflag --video Wonder_Woman.m2ts

as an example...  I picked this one for a reason -- running this command seems to never ends (I let it run for over 12 hours).  As
it would turn out, ffmpeg has a problem with this file as well.  However, I can watch the movie using the internal player.  This
isn't an isolated file.

Could anyone give me any hints on what could be causing this?  I do have m2ts files that work (mostly h264).  Ones that don't work
seem to be VC-1, but I'm not totally sure of that.

Thanks