[mythtv-users] Deciding whether to go with storage groups for videos or not with .22

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 00:37:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/10/21 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>:
>> No.  If you want your iamgery in storage groups, so too must your video be.
>
> Really?
>
> All my images are stored in storage groups ; but the videos are in a
> local folder (NFS share)
>
> I see all the images properly (fanart, etc...)

Can you provide an example of a videometadata record where you think
this occurs?  I can't see how that would be possible.  An item is
determined as being hosted in a Storage Group by it having a value in
"Host."  That is the only way a Myth URL can be built for an image, as
both the host and the filename are necessary to build one.  But if the
host value is filled, then a Myth URL will be built for anything in
the filename field, which would break playback of anything with a
local path.  What you describe should be impossible.

Robert