[mythtv-users] How do I troubleshoot slow playback on the internal video player?

Ronald A. McCormick ramccor at pluribus.org
Wed Oct 21 01:08:56 UTC 2009

I have about 500 MP4 files what were ripped and encoded with Nero Recode
9.  they playback correctly with mplayer or VLC, however, when I use the
internal player on Myth 0.22 RC the playback appears very slow.  (I
would say 1/2 to 1/3 speed (audio and video))  Storage was in a storage
group on my backend server, when I tried using the Internal player and
via NFS when using mplayer.  Any thoughts?  I dont know enough about the
internal player to troubleshoot it.

-Ronald McCormick