[mythtv-users] I-pod integration?

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:30:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Ste Daniels
> <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Nothing like this?
> >
> > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mythtv+ipod
> >
> > Or this:
> >
> > http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html
>
> I doubt it. My reading of the OP is that he wants to be able to plug
> his ipod into his FE and then, from within Myth, be able to play songs
> off it. I've been wondering something similar, but more along the
> lines of whether or not there's any way to do ipod audio over USB the
> way speaker docks do it. I have the Pandora app on my iTouch and it
> would be awesome to be able to just plug it into my FE, press play on
> the iTouch, and hear the music coming out of my speakers without
> having to get some kind of component integration kit for my receiver.

I was thinking in terms of integration into Mythtv like my playlists and
such and being able to dock my I-pod and play from it. Just curious if there
was any development as it seems to be the rage for cars and all other
electronic devices...

gtkpod looks interesting but appears to be a substitute for I-Tunes?
http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

NG,