[mythtv-users] hulu / youtube cpu requirements

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Oct 21 13:43:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:41:46AM -0400, Chris Ribe wrote:
> After a year of frustration with my Dish DVR, I am plotting a return to
> MythTV.  I am in the process of speccing out a front end, and I am wondering
> how much processor I need to handle hulu desktop and youtube HD.   It has

   Flash is 100% software decoding. So you will need to throw a fast single
core at it. An Atom is not going to be up to the task. Otherwise respectable
current desktop systems might not even be good enough. Nevermind an Atom.

   This is probably why Adobe has announced that they will be adding HW
acceleration to Flash.