[mythtv-users] hulu / youtube cpu requirements

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 02:55:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> On Wed, October 21, 2009 12:41 pm, Mark Small wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks for the data points, everybody.  It looks I should probably just
> >> stick with something low power and wait for Adobe to provide a better
> >> flash
> >> implementation.
> >
> > Good luck with that,  we've  all been waiting a very long time for a
> > decent
> > Flash player from Adobe.
>
> This always comes to mind whenever I'm trying to play Flash video on Linux:
> http://xkcd.com/619/

For the record, I just got hulu desktop up and running under 64bit Ubuntu
9.04 on a Pentium E5200 (dual core 2.5Ghz) and nvidia GeForce 9400
integrated graphics.  It works great at 1280x720 and the high quality
setting.  I'm using the Adobe 64 bit alpha flash plugin and the latest
Nvidia beta driver.
       Interestingly, I was having severe stuttering issues at 1920x1080 on
high quality, but top did not indicate that process was CPU bound.  It
worked fine at the same settings and medium quality, though, so it may just
have been a temporary network issue.

--
Chris Ribe