[mythtv-users] Lossless remux ISO to MKV for .22 video storage groups

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 22 13:51:04 UTC 2009

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Johnny<jarpublic at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> >
>> >  This is great. I didn't even know that had a command line interface.
>> >  One question, the ISOs I have converted create several MKV files, one
>> >  for each title on the DVD (extras, intros, etc). Was this a problem
>> >  for you? Was title00.mkv always the main movie, or did you have to go
>> >  back and do some manual clean up?
> Oh, yeah.  When I ripped my DVD's to iso's, I only ripped the main
> movie, so mine only had one title.  You could probably add something
> to the script to find the longest title and move only that one to
> ${DIRNAME}/${OUTFILE}.  It seems like I have used some program that
> will find you the longest title in a DVD iso, but I can't recall off
> the top of my head what that was.
> Joel

I gave MakeMKV a try, but with mixed results.  I used your command line
script, but it produced an MKV with the wrong audio track (stereo).  I
used the GUI version and it produced an MKV with the right audio track
(AC3/DD5.1).  So, depending on the DVD ISO/DISC, you might need
different command line options.

MakeMKV would also not read any of my DVDs that I authored myself from
my Panasonic DVD recorder.  It reported something about the BUF
calculation not matching the IFO header for every title on the DVD.
Hopefully, there will be an updated MakeMKV to fix this.
Jay