[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 22 19:43:01 UTC 2009

Christopher Meredith wrote:
> If we assume that's true, we also have to assume the converse; it's
> equally possible that someone could improve the work and make it
> better, thus enhancing the original artist's reputation.

Possible, but unlikely on the Internet, where 90% of everything is crap.
  A fair number of artists have had problems with people using Photoshop
to create pornographic versions of their works and then redistributing
them under the original artist's name.  I realize that practically
there's little legal recourse for this sort of thing, but that doesn't
mean I think we have to declare it ethical and desirable.