[mythtv-users] Playback scaling issues with 0.22-fixes

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Thu Oct 22 21:38:02 UTC 2009

I've just upgraded to the 0.22-fixes branch and have run into some
issues with playback.

I run the GUI at 960x540 (which is the highest resolution I've found a
working modeline for my TV for), then switch to 720x576 for watching
recordings (PAL TV, so there should be no scaling).  This worked fine
with 0.21 but I now only get part of the picture - it's been scaled up
(probably to 960 pixels), then  the right-hand side is cut off.

I found an old post reporting the same (or a similar) issue
(http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/mythtv-users@mythtv.org/msg99689.html)
but that didn't seem to reach any resolution (he switched to VDPAU which
didn't have the same issue).  He also didn't see the issue with LiveTV,
whereas I get the same problem with both LiveTV and recordings.

I've tried digging into the details but I can't make sense of it - a lot
of the code seems to be working with the Display dimensions vs Video
dimensions for scaling, but the Display dimensions are never altered
from their initial settings.  Should these not change when xrandr alters
the display?  I've tried resetting them there but it doesn't seem to
help - it's still picking up the wrong dimension at later points.

Anyone else seeing this, or anyone have any suggestions on what to try
next or where to look in the code?

Cheers,
    Robin
--