[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:54:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is fundamentally unfair to tell someone they can have
> something for "free," but they can't enjoy it as they please.

Okay imagine you spent months of your life painting a public mural on
the side of a building honoring Linus Torvalds (trying to pick
somebody we all like).  You donated your time to the local community
to do this.  Then the a week later somebody comes along and defaces
the mural by painting a giant cock and balls on his face.  You would
be okay with that?  (I hope I didn't go too far with that example).

Of coarse the mural in my example was a one of a kind item where the
Arclight can be duplicated perfectly any number of times.  But still
to Robert Arclight is a work of art that he has spent many hours/days
working on.  He doesn't want it to be defaced by some idiot putting a
giant Comic Sans font on it.

-Ryan