[mythtv-users] DVD video playback is jerky

Marc Chamberlin marc at marcchamberlin.com
Thu Oct 22 22:52:07 UTC 2009

Hi -

When I try to use MythTV to play dvd movies, I am getting a video image
that has lots of momentary pauses in the display. These pauses last for
less than a sec, perhaps on the order of a tenth of a second or so, and
occur every 2 to 6 seconds throughout the movie. Sorta makes the video
playback jerky.

When I use Kaffiene or Windows Media Player to play dvd movies I have no
jerkiness and the movies play fine. This jerkiness does not seem to
affect the sound track either when playing dvds in MythTV.

Anyone have any ideas? What additional information should I supply.. Am
running under SuSE 11.1. (I consider it a poor design that MythTV does
not announce what version it is, so am not sure... best guess is
21-28.pm.28.6-i586 as reported by the SuSE Yast installer for
mythtv-frontend)

Thanks in advance for any and all offers of help..   Marc..