[mythtv-users] converting master backend to slave; configuring backend w/o X server

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Oct 23 00:34:02 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 17:33, Ma Begaj wrote:
> 1. Is there a way configure backend on my server without X server?

You can run mythtv-setup in a VNC session, or you can simply redirect it
to a remote X server, either through SSH forwarding, or by allowing the
remote server to listen on your network.

> 2. How do I "convert" master backend to a slave?

The only difference between a master and a slave is that a master
backend has the same IP as is listed for the master backend in the
database.  If you want to set a different backend as master, just change
that address listed in mythtv-setup.