[mythtv-users] Skip-ahead acting weird after FC10 upgrade

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 23 02:47:53 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 10:37 PM, Larry K wrote:

>     # uname -a
>     2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686
>
>     Shouldn't my lirc kmdl also be fc10, not fc9?
>
> Hmmm.  I may have sorta answered my own question.  Sin I am running fc10:
>
> Well, it looks like this kmdl package is left over from the fc9
> install.  It has no dependencies, so I can probably just remove it.   I
> just read that lirc is now part of the fedora baseline, so it isn't
> provided by atrpms anymore.
>
> Anyway, notwithstanding this red herring, I still have the as-yet
> unexplained lirc behavior...

$ rpm -q lirc

There was a bunk version that made its way into F10 for a while, but
there's a newer package in either updates or updates-testing that fixes
things (basically, the lirc drivers in the 2.6.27.x F10 kernels need
lirc 0.8.4 or earlier userspace, things go haywire with 0.8.5 and later).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com