[mythtv-users] Kubuntu 9.10RC ISO to big for CDROM?

Joel mythtv at ebel.mybox.org
Fri Oct 23 08:18:36 UTC 2009

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> I burnt a couple of Kubunto 9.10RC ISO and then checked the MD5Sum of the
> cdroms themselves (md5sum /dev/cdrom) and found they weren't matching. The
> I noticed the ISO was 728MB - to big for a std CDROM.
>
> Would this be the problem?

Often cdroms are burnt with padding at the end.  If there were no errors
in writing or reading the disk, I would suspect this.  You can check the
size of the burnt cd with:

sudo blockdev --getsize64 /dev/cdrom

and compare that with the size of the iso you burned.  If /dev/cdrom is
larger, this is almost certainly the case.