[mythtv-users] Fwd: errors when fast forwarding or rewinding DVB-T UK recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 24 21:13:48 UTC 2009

On 10/24/2009 03:06 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
> 2. starting playback from recorded programs before the preview
> playback has started could cause the system to lock up and require
> Mythfrontend to be killed and restarted - this is a minor annoyance

This should always recover--it just might take a while (up to 2 min in
my experience on an Athlon X2 6000+)--either by exiting playback and
going back to Watch Recordings or by "playing" the video (which often
becomes gray mush, requiring you to exit and restart playback
yourself)--which happens depends a lot on what specifically is at the
beginning of the video.  This does, also, assume good, working video
drivers (i.e. a driver bug could cause a true lockup).

Note, also, that this isn't a problem in 0.22-fixes/trunk (as there is
no live preview feature in 0.22-fixes/trunk).

> 3. After some time of playing a video back from recordings when fast
> forwarding/rewinding the system locks up. I can connect vis SSH and
> kill the process but the screen doesn't clear. ALT+F2 or switching to
> console is unresponsive and I have to do sudo reboot now.

This sounds like a video card driver issue.

Mike