[mythtv-users] Master backend and slave be/fe shutdown problem

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 13:03:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

I changed a lot in my mythtv setup in the last few days.
I have now a master backend (w/o) which is always on and slave box
with backend and frontend.

There is a problem which appear in this configuration:
>> When I start slave box master backend is running SleepCommand on every start.

SleepCommand on my slave is a real shutdown command. So every time I
boot my slave box manually to watch recordings master backend wants to
shut it down. It runs this command even before mythfrontend on this
slave started.

log:
2009-10-25 13:22:38.707 Enabled verbose msgs:  important general general
2009-10-25 13:22:39.715 Connecting to master server: 192.168.1.118:6543
2009-10-25 13:22:39.716 Connected successfully
2009-10-25 13:22:42.153 Received GO_TO_SLEEP command from master,
running SleepCommand.

I made small hack to solve this: my SleepCommand script does not
shutdown the slave if there any running mythfrontend processes.

As I understand this problem of mine, master backend does not want to
shutdown the whole box but just the mythbackend process. That means
that I should change the configuration somehow in mythtv-setup.

Where should I handle/set slave box shutdown command?

I used MythWelcome with a single backend/frontend box. But MythWelcome
stopped shutting down (I used the same script as like for the
SleepCommand above) this slave box after I "converted" it to the slave
box. The countdown in MythWelcome just goes down to 0 and than
restarts counter again because it cannot run "SetWakeuptimeCommand".
But it is trying to run this command on the master backend, not on the
slave.

I read here a few times that MythWelcome should only be used on a
single backend/frontend box but that maybe changed in the last year.

mysql> select * from settings where data like '%shutdown%';
| value                | data                       | hostname |
| MythShutdownPowerOff | sudo /home/mythtv/shutdown | mythbox  |
| SleepCommand         | sudo /home/mythtv/shutdown | mythbox  |