[mythtv-users] Recording Channel Change Does Not Always Work - Suggestions For How to Debug?

Robert Havlin bob.havlin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 02:01:02 UTC 2009

I am using mythtv-0.22-RC1 with a firewire STB (SA).  When I watch live-tv,
channel changing works perfectly.  However, on occasion, the backend
recording process does not change the channel and I get the wrong feed
recorded.

It usually seems to be associated with the message in mythbackend.log:

*2009-10-25 21:00:03.607 SetLastChannel(232): cleared: no
libiec61883 warning: Overlayed connection on channel 0.
*

It looks like whatever channel was previously set, that is what gets
recorded because the channel changing by the backend is not working.

Any ideas?  I have looked around on tv_rec.cpp and firewirechannel.cpp, but
I could not figure out how to make it more solid on my system.

Also, why would the channel changing work better on live-tv than when
recording?  I would have thought they called the same function.

Thanks!