Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Tue Oct 27 14:38:27 UTC 2009

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:44:36 +0100
> From: Ma Begaj<derliebegott at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] .22 and pulseaudio

>> >  I certainly don;t want that on my living room system, but on the laptop,
>> >  where I put TV as a background app, I do.
>> >
>> >  Thanks for all this !
> I know that I read it can switch on-the-fly sound output from one card
> to another, which is pretty useful (at least to me).
>
> I could finally use my A2DP bluetooth headphones on the fly, without
> stopping the video/music and without changing sound device in the
> mythfrontend configuration.

Yes, on ubuntu 9.10 I can switch on the fly with Pulse between HDMI and
A2DP output, or output to both simultaneously.  I just re-tested it, as
there's been quite a lot of change in the A2DP support... never can tell
what works one day to the next.   Should be pretty stable now, though
with release imminent.