[mythtv-users] XBMC questions

david david at functionalchaos.net
Tue Oct 27 18:40:32 UTC 2009

> There's also the external MythBox script for XBMC
> (http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/) but that's still not really a
finished
> product. As I said a few days ago I'm holding out for the work going on
> make XBMC a universal frontend:
> http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28918&goto=newpost
>
> I too use XBMC for everything except recordings (and when I want to keep
> recording long term, I cut out the adverts and move the file to XBMC).
> Again, like others I would prefer a solution with only one GUI but for
me
> the sticking point is music. So long as MythMusic retains it's current
> interface, Myth will not be that GUI. It seems to me that MythMusic is
"vi"
> where I want 'gedit'.

That's funny, I would always prefer vi to gedit.  Probably why I prefer
mythtv over XBMC.  I understand peoples comments about UI differences, but
I saw the improvements coming with myth 0.22 and beyond and was not
concerned.  The functionality of myth for me is so much better.  It is
great though, how we call can get things the way we want with open source
software.

David