[mythtv-users] Questions on fanart in the recordings screen.

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Oct 28 11:16:21 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>>> That's why the SeriesID option exists.  Every series should have a
>>> seriesID in the listings data, thus the seriesid.png should load as a
>>> final fallback.
>> That's a bit of a rash statement isn't it? What country are you in? Does
>> your listing provider have data for the whole world?
>>

> We've already done the "randomly affronted user because they feel
> their country/listings provider/whatever has been marginalized" this
> week, take some deep breaths.  Many listings sources provide SeriesID,
> not just my own.  It's part of the XMLtv spec.  If you don't get
> seriesID, lucky for you, you can use the title.  If you can't use
> either, then for that one particular show you will go without artwork.
>  Such is life.

Question related to seriesid, but not about artwork. I'm in the UK, currently
using 0.21.

I've noticed that I now have some quite long seriesid appearing when I look at
the recorded page in Mythweb. These seem to concatenate either channel.xmltvid
(varchar(64)) or channel.default_authority (varchar(32)) and a number from
somewhere I haven't figured out yet.

However, program.seriesid is varchar(40). Some xmltvids in the UK can exceed
this size. Can I assume that this field has increased in size for 0.22, or is
there a possibility of truncation for users not in North America?

--

Mike Perkins