[mythtv-users] channel mapping with hdhomerun

James D. Goddard pubear at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 28 20:44:51 UTC 2009

In schedules direct if you hover over the channel you will get a pop-up showing the xmltvid field.  copy that number into the xmltvid field of MythTV channel.  If you like you chan change the channel number as well so instead of 78.12 you see 78 or what ever.  this is easiest from mythweb.

Once you have the xmltvid in the channel and that Schedules direct linup applied to tuner mythfilldatabase will pull the right guide data down.

~Mitchell

I don’t know how new a feature it is, as I just found it in the last couple weeks, but there is a “report” button on the schedules direct linup page now that will give you a nice report of ALL the channels for a lineup, and their XMLTVIDs.  I had to do this recently, as scte65scan did not pull in the XMLTVIDs correctly for some of my channels from Comcast.

Also, there is a channel editor in Mythweb that may be much easier than either changing it while watching TV or running mythtv-setup.  If you go to <http://localhost/mythweb/settings/tv/channels>, you can modify all the channel settings there.

It is a tedious process, but shouldn’t need to be done too often.

--Jim