[mythtv-users] Myth can't handle daylight time saving?

Scott Alfter scott-sender-2f809c at alfter.us
Thu Oct 29 19:54:44 UTC 2009

Yan Seiner wrote:
> On Mon, October 26, 2009 3:37 pm, raptor jr wrote:
>>> Not in the US, it didn't...if you're somewhere else, you probably
>>> should've specified it, as your email address doesn't say.
>>
>> Does it matter where i live? Or do you think that i'm lying about that DST
>> occured in my country? In every country in Europe(besides Iceland) DST
>> occur the last sunday of october and it been like that for the last 13
>> years. So no definition or anything has changed. The only thing that
>> changed was the time.
>
> Well, to get this past the nationality flame war, I would suggest that
> where you live (or at least what your DST policies are) is as relevant as
> what what distro you're using.  The broken recording could be due to bad
> timezone implementation for your area, a screwed up update from your
> disto, etc.

That's pretty much what I was getting at, knowing that there were issues to be
dealt with here when the definition of DST changed a few years back.  Instead,
the foreigners, reading ill intent where there was none, figured it was an
opportunity to point and laugh at the "ugly American."  Some saying about glass
houses and stones comes to mind.

Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us