[mythtv-users] Transcoded mpeg still has (all?) commercials

Jeff Jensen jjensen at apache.org
Thu Oct 29 21:13:01 UTC 2009

I'm wondering if I am missing a config item to have commercials removed with
transcode.  I've seen a few wiki pages on it, the manual, and archive
emails, and I haven't found (or understood!) what's needed.

I have auto commflagging on, and I can see there are sections flagged via
the frontend editor.

I also have auto transcode on and it successfully runs.

Some transcode results showed size reduction like "6.4G -> 6.3G", which
makes me think commercials were removed (perhaps other things can get
"cleaned up"/removed which would cause a slight reduction in size?).

Is there an item needed to tell transcode to use the flagged sections?

I'm using .21 fixes:
MythTV Version   : 22186M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Network Protocol : 40
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1