[mythtv-users] VDPAU corruption

David Herman dherman516 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:17:13 UTC 2009

> With VDPAU, about 1/4 of the way down my screen, I get a blocky effect.
>It is hard to describe, but the amount of blockiness is proportional to
>the brightness and amount of movement in the video. The blocky effect
>appears the entire width of the screen. I'm not sure of the height,
>perhaps 20-40 pixels.

>I have seen it on two different frontends. It is worse on my IONITX. On
>a regular PC frontend, it happens with VDPAU on but is fine without.

>I am using Advanded 1X deinterlace on both.

>Anyone else seeing this? I wonder if there is some type of software
>corruption going on since it is always in the same portion of the screen.

I have seen this for the last 6 or 7 driver revisions. I was really
hoping that 190.42 fixed it.
Basically, from what I understand on the NV Forums, is that the video
memory becomes corrupt and you must re-initialize via a reboot to get
out of it.

The one thing I have noticed is, that this seems to happen if my wife
leaves Mythfrontend up for an extended period of time (hours) -- in
pause

--
--Dave