[mythtv-users] Protocol version check failure. The response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION was empty

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:50:53 UTC 2009

2009/10/30 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
> Are you sure an auto update didn't happen, or that the mythbackend process
> didn't just die (it happens to me occasionally on .21-fixes about once a
> week and I have to restart it as I haven't got monit or someother process
> watchdog solution working yet.

there is no auto update on my box.

mythbackend process was still there but it was probably hanging
somehow. I never had this problem. I will increase logging level for a
few days.

There was also something else. A few recordings which started around
same time (or an hour earlier) are broken and much shorter than usual.

M.