[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Oct 30 13:47:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 16:04 -0400, jansenj wrote:
> I just noticed that when I do a "top" that mythfrontend.real is
> consuming almost 15% CPU when it is running at 1Ghz.  I'm using
> mythbuntu theme with Qt on mythbuntu's 0.22-fixes packages.  Any ideas
> what could have changed?  Or is it something I could have changed?

The MythBuntu theme is one of the more heavyweight themes. Try a few
of the other ones, MythCenter-wide and MythCenter work well for me
(for my HD and non-HD frontends, resp.) I do use the MythBuntu OSD
theme, it does use an intermediate alpha value which does consume
more resources than some of the other OSD themes, but I feel it's
pretty enough to justify the extra resource usage and my computers
happen to have the needed grunt.

-- Daniel