[mythtv-users] Newly Updated Mythbuntu, can't browse by folder

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Oct 31 10:15:12 UTC 2009

MythTV Users,

I just made a fresh install of Mythbuntu 9.10, and everything works smoothly so far.

Except one thing: I much prefer to browse my video files by folder and file than use the database and metadata.

However, I can't seem to turn off the metadata browsing mode.

I went to Utilities->Setup->Media Settings->Video Settings->General, and on page 2, disabled the checkbox called "Enable Metadata Browse Modes."
But that doesn't seem to have any effect, so I'm not sure if that's the right setting.

But what I have every time I try to watch a video is a listing of some video files that don't even exist on my system anymore. What I'm seeing appear to be files listed in the database from sometime in the past, months if not years ago, before I abandoned browsing using the database.

How can I toggle the system so that I can see my current files? I tend to move video files in and out of my Video directory a lot, so I need it to be pretty much instantaneously updated.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dave M G