[mythtv-users] Upgrading Ubuntu

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:49:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 09:42 +0000, Damian wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Could anyone tell me the best way to go about upgrading Ubuntu? I'm
>> in
>> no rush.
>
> Normal upgrade procedure, either through update manager or through the
> command line using a do-release-upgrade.
>
> Nothing special.

Nico-

I'm guessing the OP is in the same boat I am -- my current mythbuntu
9.04 system is my **first** mythbuntu system, so I have no experience
doing anything other than letting the update manager automatically
update (or maybe I should say semi-automatically, since I try to look
things over first in case there is something that I think might foobar
things).

So... Is the normal upgrade procedure to invoke the following command?

% sudo apt-get do-release-upgrade

Or... Is there more to it?

Craig.