[mythtv-users] Am I getting full channel sound?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 00:17:18 UTC 2009

2009/9/1 Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com>:

> Is there some sample I can download and test to make sure I am getting
> more than 2 channels?

Are you running trunk or 0.21-fixes?

Try this one
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/Test%20AC3%20v2.0.avi

That's a 5 channels AC3 video

There are ways in MythTV to get upmixed sound from stereo to 5.1
audio, similar to what Pro-Logic does, except the decoding is done on
the PC directly. It gives a nice surround audio effect, even for plain
stereo audio
Like this video:
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/channelsPLII.mpg

While pure stereo, thanks to ProLogic II, will give you discrete 5.1 audio.
Check ticket #5900 , there's a patch for both 0.21-fixes and trunk