[mythtv-users] Current SVN trunk and ION huge performance drop

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 01:00:23 UTC 2009

I just compiled current trunk SVN version 21617, and now my ION (Zotac
IONITX-C) based frontend is using HUGE CPU compared to the previous
version I was running (of course I don't know what the previous
version was, but it was from either last Saturday or Sunday). I used
to be able to playback 1080i HD material from OTA at about 20-22% cpu,
now with current trunk it is using ~150% (which on the single core
Atom is WAY too much). I'm not sure what could have changed so much to
throw the usage out of whack.

Is anyone seeing the same thing with the ION?

If not, can you tell me what NVidia driver version you are using, and
all of the nvidia-settings and MythTV settings you are using?

I have Nvidia driver 185.18.36, .nvidia-settings.rc sync settings:

0/SyncToVBlank=1
0/XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=1

In mfe I have enable realtime priority threads, extra audio buffering,
enable opengl vertical sync for timing all set to on, no scaling or
scan displacement, zoom is off, vdpau decoder, 2 cpus, vdpau video
renderer, vdpau osd renderer, advanced 1x as primary deinterlacer, and
temporal 1x as fallback.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Tom