[mythtv-users] Current SVN trunk and ION huge performance drop

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Sep 1 01:45:13 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mark Kendall
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 9:40 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Current SVN trunk and ION huge performance drop

2009/9/1 Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>:
> I just compiled current trunk SVN version 21617, and now my ION (Zotac
> IONITX-C) based frontend is using HUGE CPU compared to the previous
> version I was running (of course I don't know what the previous
> version was, but it was from either last Saturday or Sunday). I used
> to be able to playback 1080i HD material from OTA at about 20-22% cpu,
> now with current trunk it is using ~150% (which on the single core
> Atom is WAY too much). I'm not sure what could have changed so much to
> throw the usage out of whack.
>
> Is anyone seeing the same thing with the ION?

Tom

There's a logic error in one of my commits from yesterday. Should be
fixed shortly.

rgds

Mark

Mark,

Good to know. I was wrting an email to get his compile options etc and to
ask for a log as it sounded like VDPAU was disabled or being ignored.

I just noticed that mythfrontend and mythbackend no longer tell you the
"Options compiled in"??? Trying to search through the commits list to see
when this happened.

Marc