[mythtv-users] mythcommflag is pretty darn amazing

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Sep 1 07:27:30 UTC 2009

MythTV's commflagging has worked quite well for me for almost four
years, with very few false positives or false negatives. (I use All
Methods and Strict on -fixes.) But it managed to impress me again
today.

I began recording from CNBC HD a few days ago. For those who haven't
seen it, various scrolling banners, charts, and other data occupy one
third of the screen at all times. Nonetheless, mythcommflag accurately
picks up the commercial breaks. How in the world does it do this? I
know it can't be the logo detection; is it the blank frames?

--
Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | San Francisco CA US