[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Sep 1 07:33:00 UTC 2009

> I figured as much!! I put the AHCI driver in last night and the drive was
> recognised OK. No joy with playing DVDs or even ISO images from the remote
> filesystem - it coughs and splutters all over the place. At least my Via
> Epia could manage a DVD OK!! I think thats the only problem outstanding
> now - I'll have to play with the settings a bit more.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Robin Gilks

> Keep us informed. I would like to see your final config file to see what
> you
> changed once everything is working. Just in case I want to build a new one
> for another room with a disk player.
> Buying a house soon, I may get another TV for the bedroom and I'll want a
> new frontend.
>
> Marc

Solved the DVD drive problem with a kernel rebuild to include AHCI_SATA and
the various CD/DVD filesystems and the associated ISO image playing
problem was forgetting to install libdvdcss.

Still got one remaining problem and that is when I choose the stereo track
(PCM48) on a DVD that also has AC3 5.1 on it I just get white noise out of
the theatre amp but its OK for normal stereo TV recording (which also go
out the S/PDIF output).

Nothing obvious on in the frontend logs but so far I haven't turned on any
extra logging.

I've attached my .config file anyway since the hardware bits are all
working now.

Cheers all

--
Robin Gilks