[mythtv-users] Wiimote usage in MythTV frontend

xavier hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Tue Sep 1 09:04:15 UTC 2009

Matthew Zimmerman wrote:
> Have any of you used a wiimote to control the frontend?  I'm currently
> using an Xbox (original) joystick, but having the wire there is
> getting annoying and old.  I'm a previous XBMC user on the Xbox, so
> using the joystick to control MythTV is very favorable.
>
> There's an article on the wiki about doing it, but how well does it
> work?  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_MythTV_using_a_Wii_remote
> Essentially, I'm always going to be having the script run when my
> frontend/backend combo is up, so what happens when I want to play Wii?
>  How does the wiimote choose which to associate with?  Does it decide
> based on how I turn on the wiimote? (1 + 2 or?)
>
> Thanks,
> Matt Z

My personal experience with the wiimote + mythfrontend is very positive.
It is very responsive.
If the wii is turned on, 1+2 will sync with the wii. otherwise (stand-by
or off) 1+2 will sync with mythforntend.
So the only potential problem is when the wii is on,  there is no way to
associat the wiimote with mythfrontend.
BTW I am using MythPyWii.
Xavier