[mythtv-users] capture card database problem after svn up

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Sep 1 16:12:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 10:44 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
>  If I go to the status page and look at my
> tuners, all appears well. However, if I stop mythbackend and start up
> mythtv-setup, none of my capture cards show up on the Capture Cards
> page.

This gets more bizarre by the minute, as this problem has mysteriously
gone away. In this case I have made some changes, but none of them were
relevant to the database so I remain clueless. I updated the v4l-dvb
drivers to the latest hg version (to attempt to address some HD-PVR
issues which are just as weird), and updated the firmware on the HD-PVR.
Then updated the Nvidia driver to address some H.264 playback problems
that surfaced after the svn up (I'll post about that separately unless
that problem goes away with the latest update I did this morning). No
idea why any of that would have helped with this, but the problem is
gone and the pages in mythtv-setup now look normal.

--Greg