[mythtv-users] mythcommflag is pretty darn amazing

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:04:55 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> MythTV's commflagging has worked quite well for me for almost four
> years, with very few false positives or false negatives. (I use All
> Methods and Strict on -fixes.) But it managed to impress me again
> today.

When I setup my first Myth system several months ago, the comm flagging
seemed to miss a lot or often go beyond the end of the comms and skip
part of the show. Maybe around 25% of the time if goofed.
For the last month or so it has been working almost flawlessly. I'd say
it's working at better than 90% accuracy. This is without a doubt my
favorite feature of Myth. Every time it skips a commercial I have to
fight the urge to send money to whoever is responsible for it. :-)