[mythtv-users] PS3 and Mythtv

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 1 21:06:12 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 14:50:01 greg wrote:
> I have my PS3 hooked up through my lan. I can see the myth server and
> can play my recordings..The one problem i have is no audio..Would anyone
> have any idea why?
>
> The PS3 is run through HDMI if it makes any difference..
> Any suggestions or remedies?

I have a PS3 set up similarly to yours, just using it as a UPnP client for
Myth's server and others.

My audio is fine, using HDMI into a 27" LCD TV set.

I seem to recall there is something in the PS3 setup that determines where it
outputs audio, if that's not set up to send audio to the HDMI port it would
explain your problem.

I'd check for the setup location now, but the machine's in my Mom's house next
door (underground CAT5 connection), and she's out of town.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org