[mythtv-users] Virtualisation in the home network – ready for mainstream?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Sep 2 13:58:14 UTC 2009

On 09/02/2009 09:01 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> Getting VMware workstation to work is always a struggle. I have to find
> the magic vmware-any-any-update# that works. I have yet to get it
> working under Fedora 11; the kernel modules fail to build.

Works fine for me and I am not even running the latest vmware.  Running
VMware-Workstation-6.5.2-156735.x86_64 on
2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.x86_64.  Sometimes there is a problem when a new
Fedora comes out, but using the any-any in those cases always got it
working for me with no problems.  Vmware doesn't always keep up with the
latest kernels, however when they release updates it usually works with
the latest kernel at the time.

--
David