[mythtv-users] Virtualisation in the home network – ready for mainstream?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Sep 2 21:07:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 12:13 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> lsmod |grep kvm

On the work system where things are good, the output is:

kvm_intel              39696  3
kvm                   128388  1 kvm_intel

When I get home tonight, I'll check the Pentium 4 machine. Am I correct
in assuming that if the machine isn't already using KVM, there's no way
to make it do so because the hardware support it needs is lacking? If
so, will VirtualBox still be usable on such a machine?

Another thing I wish I'd known before I bought the machine )-:

--Greg